Monday, March 21, 2005

3/19/05 Bible study - Fellowship with Jesus


Ken led the study of 1 Corinthians 1-9 at Wendar & Tony's home in Cupertino. Theresa led the worship with Wendar playing keyboard.

Ken pointed out that St. Paul referenced Jesus' name at least once in each of these 9 verses, some times twice! Ken asked many good questions related to the scripture. I only wrote down a couple that were particularly important to me:
  • How does 'knowing' God help you in your life? ("God gives me an anchor." "God gives me hope." "God reminds me where I am now, guide my way, away from material desires." "God helps me be humble and seek his help.")
  • Are we called like St. Paul? How? And, what are we called to do? ("how can I become a better person in my job/position.")
  • How do we fellowship with Jesus? ("heart-to-heart, spirit-to-spirit")

Amy, Martina, Teresa made special invitation eggs for our Easter gathering. Thank YOU!!

We had a new friend, Katherine, from San Mateo, and Denis brought another two new friends, Ken and Bob, thank you Dennis, and welcome!!!